Mobile Tech Expo-Orlando Opens Nominations for 2020 People of the Year Awards!
Mobile Tech Expo-Orlando has opened nominations for the 2020 People of the Year Awards. Recipients who have influenced the industry throughout the year are honored at the Mobile Tech Expo – Orlando Show. All recipients are nominated by their peers (that’s you). Honorees will be recognized on Thursday, January 30, during the opening night networking reception. To nominate recipients, go tohttps://mobiletechexpo.com/orlando/nomination/. Read about all the categories below!
Detailing Person of the Year
- This award honors the individual who has made a difference in the detailing industry, either through product innovation, service to the overall industry through marketing and advocacy or has advanced the industry through mentoring and education
Windshield Repair Person of the Year
- Honoring an individual for their contributions through product development, mentoring and advocacy or has advanced the industry through other methods.
Tom Nations (PDR Person of the Year)
- Tom Nations was an industry leader in every sense of the word. He always spoke honestly about the pros and cons of the industry and was a strong enthusiast of the industry and an asset to the Dent Wizard Team. He was straight-forward and always had a smile on his face and brought one to those around him. In his memory and to honor his consistent support of the paintless dent repair industry, Mobile Tech Expo has named the PDR Person of the Year award after Tom.
Sid Emmert Memorial (PDR Tool Person of the year)
- Sidney (Sid) Emmert began manufacturing his own tools when he started his career in paintless dent repair after college. An industry icon, Sid was a leader and mentor, and his company DentCraft Tools became one of the most highly regarded in the industry. In addition to his PDR work, Sid also was well known for his charity work with children as he created the “Twinkie Drop.” But it is for his many contributions in forwarding the PDR industry that the PDR Tool Person of the Year award is named in his honor.
Nat Danas Memorial (Lifetime Achievement)
- Nat Dinofsky, who eventually shortened his surname to Danas, owned a small trip shop in the 1950s. He realized there was no way to share information between trim and upholstery shops, so he started Auto Trim News in 1951. This 60-year publication reshaped the automotive aftermarket. Danas was a true mentor, friend, and gentleman. The Nat Danas Memorial Award honors those who have also dedicated themselves selflessly to the Auto Care industry.
Rufus Lowery Memorial (Mentor of the year)
- Rufus Lowery, a PDR Tech, known to offer help to anyone who needed it. In April 2006 Lowery, age 49, was traveling from his home in Grand Prairie, Texas, to chase a hail storm in Oklahoma and Illinois. Near Thackerville, Oklahoma, he stopped at a rest area on Interstate 35. He was robbed by two men and killed for his tools and his truck. In his memory, the Mentor of The Year Award is named the Rufus Lowery Mentor of the Year Award.